I want to disclose this by saying that I have no problems with these things existing. I also have no problems with people enjoying them. I’m just saying that they are a no for me. Keep in mind that I identify as a demisexual (on the asexual spectrum). I’m also more into women than I am men.
- Books that are more about the sexual aspect than the actual plot itself. I don’t mind books that have sexual situations in them. As long as its not the entire story.
- Instalove. I just really find it a little questionable. It’s also not really for me. Though I can say that I do find it cute in short stories, but it depends on the situation.
- Miscommunication tropes. I just can’t. I didn’t really enjoy it in tv shows either. It annoys me really quickly. I’ll still read it, but I will be agitated. Along the lines of miscommunication, I really don’t care for the jumping to conclusion and running off situations either.
- Prolonged situations. I mean I get that things have to be drawn out for drama purposes. However, there is an extent where it goes too far. At least for me. It just gets really annoying.
- Short book series. This one I feel the need to explain a bit. There are circumstances where it’s okay. Like standalone series for instance. They told their point and it was done. However, the ones that are broken up into short segments that really could have been combined into one book and been just as good irk me. If the point is made by a certain point, that’s fine.
I hope these make sense. I want to point out again that I am in no way judging people’s preferences. I’m just saying what I don’t personally like. I’d love to hear your bookish icks.