My friend and one of my admins for The Introverted Readathoner on Facebook has been using this app called Bookly. I’d heard of it but really never looked into it until I started seeing her screenshots. It looked amazing to me. So I decided to give it a try. They have a free version, but I chose to pay for it. I knew I’d use it every day and the paid version just works for me. I have been using it for the past two days and I really can say this is going to work well for me. When I go to read, I just need to click the book I”m reading and hit start reading. I can choose if I want to track it by audio, percentage, or pages! You can set goals on it and everything. I’ll probably revisit talking about this app every few months. For now, I’d just love to meet other people who use it. I’d love to learn more about it so that I can use it even more efficiently!
Tag: Reading Challenges
BOTM Yearly Challenge Update
Another challenge update. I haven’t been good with this one either. I think I need to average 2-3 books a week for the rest of the year to pull it off. It might be tough, but I think it’s doable. Anything is possible. I’m almost done with one, so there’s that. From what I understand, there’s a second stage to the challenge this year. If there is, I’m definitely not going to try for it. I’ll be lucky to get this one done!
Audiobook Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Title: Vampire Academy
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: August 16th, 2007
Page Count: 354
Start Date: November 29th, 2016 and October 3rd, 2022
Finish Date: December 13th, 2016 and October 6th, 2022
Story: Per Goodreads, I’ve read this book twice. Once in 2016 and once now. The truth is, I know I’ve read it at least three times now. Once sometime before 2013 and then the two times listed. This story never gets old for me. It’s one of my favorite series of all times. It has one of my favorite characters of all time. Rose Hathaway. This is actually my first time listening to the story in audiobook. It was a different experience, but in a good way. I also kind of want to go grab my copy of the 10th anniversary edition and read the short stories!
Characters: Rose is one of my favorite characters. Hands down. She’s constantly being misunderstood. She takes the high road and doesn’t really correct people. She lets them draw their own conclusions. Then there’s Dimitri. He’s tough, but he’s fair. You have Christian who’s just such a snarky being. I know we’re supposed to like Lissa. Sometimes I do, but there are times she just kind of shows behaviors that I don’t care for.
Critiques: As if!
Narration: It was really great. It put me right into the world and made me not want to leave it.
Final Thoughts: I picked this book up for a challenge for a readathon I’m participating in. I’m really glad I did it. It was so great to step into the world again. It makes me want to disappear from the world and devour the rest of the series now. Maybe soon. Maybe I’ll have to work on getting the rest of the series in audiobook when I get more credits in. I have all of the Bloodlines series in audiobook. I need to read those as well. This is one of my favorite series of all time.
12 Book Challenge Updates
- Ascenders by C.L. Gaber- Recommend by Pamela Sims- Completed
- Obsession by Karen Robards- Recommended by Maggie Eckert- Completed
- Pretty Killer by Truant & King- Recommended by Sarah Nicole- Need to read
- Escaping Demons by Killian Wolf- Recommended by Sheena Gotta- Need to Read
- Cell by Stephen King- Recommended by Dustyn Brown- Completed
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey- Recommended by Books Are The New Black– Completed
- Wolves And Daggers by Melanie Karsak- Recommended by Breezy Jones- Need to Read
- The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen- Recommended by One Book More– Need to Read
- His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik- Recommended by Roxy Sterling- Need to Read
- The Cheat Sheet by Sarah Adams- Recommended by Emily Camp- Need to Read
- Crave by Tracy Wolff- Recommended by Karen Ludwick- Need to Read
- Raven Blood by M Sinclair- Recommended by Kelsey Hicks- Need to Read
I’m working on this. I thought I was further behind than I was. So there’s that!
My Birth Month!
So, tomorrow starts the month of August. I’m convinced I slept through June and July, but I digress. August is my birth month! My birthday is August 15th! I’m trying to get better on being excited for my birthday. Enjoy the moment if you will. So here we are!
I thought of trying something fun. I don’t know how this is going to pan out. I’m excited for it though. I’m going to make a list of ten reading challenges. They can be completed anytime in the month of August. Anybody is welcome to participate. Please include #BirthdayBookChallenge2022 on your posts so that I have a chance to see them all!
- Read a book with a friend.
- Read a book recommended to you.
- Blindfold yourself and pick a book from your TBR.
- Read a graphic novel.
- Read a book with a purple cover.
- Read a book gifted to you.
- Read a book with your pet.
- Read a book with cake on the cover.
- Read an anthology story. (Or the whole thing!)
- Read a book from your favorite genre.
This is just completely for fun. Sadly I don’t have the funding to offer a giveaway or anything. I really would love if you joined in anyway. Challenges and readathons are two of my favorite things! It will be like you’re celebrating with me! Don’t forget #BirthdayBookChallenge2022