Real Women Of The Regency: Romance, Affairs, Fashion, Authors to Actresses & Women Leaders
Step into the incredible real-life stories of the women who defined the Regency.
Real Women Of The Regency will spark your curiosity and provide valuable insights into the cultural, historical, and social changes that rocked the early 19th century.
An exploration into the remarkable women who shaped the Regency period, this book offers readers a thoughtful glimpse into the authors, actresses, artists, and women leaders who made enormous waves in an era of radical upheaval and political change. The often-overlooked contributions of black women of the Regency, and the hidden world of lesbians. And not to miss the rules of romance to the scandalous affairs.
Artfully written with engaging prose and insights into the real lives and legacies of great women. Here are just a few of the women you will find inside;
* Elizabeth Lamb, one of the most influential of the political hostesses of the Regency.
* Letitia Elizabeth Landon, one of the most prolific writers of the era.
* Dido Elizabeth Belle, born into slavery and became a British heiress.
* Mary Shelley, a novelist who wrote the Gothic novel ‘Frankenstein’.
* Elizabeth Fry, created the association for the improvement of female prisoners.
* Anne Lister, the first modern lesbian.
* Eleanor Coade, known for manufacturing neoclassical statues.
* Jane Austen, an English novelist primarily known for her six major novels.
* Mary Prince, an abolitionist and autobiographer.
* Lady Caroline Lamb, Anglo-Irish aristocrat, novelist and known affair with Lord Byron.
* Jane Harley, an English noblewoman, and another lover of Lord Byron.
* Sarah Siddons, one of the greatest English actresses.
This book reflects on the immense beauty and culture that we can find in this amazing period, along with the female pioneers who pushed for change and helped usher forth advancements in art, literature, fashion, politics, and much more. Real Women Of The Regencyis a must-read for fans of Regency films and literature, history buffs, and anybody who wants to gain a deeper appreciation for these period-defining women.Are you ready to uncover the stories behind the women of the Regency? Then scroll up and grab your copy today!
Title: Real Women of the Regency
Author: Leah Gail
Release Date: October 12th, 2022
Page Count: 208
Start Date: December 8th, 2022
Finish Date: December 10th, 2022
This book is full of historical information. I learned so much from it. I also really enjoyed the sassy comments from the author. It’s not every day you read a nonfiction historical book and get some comedy from it. I enjoyed this so much that I bought copies for two people who are important to me. I also have plans to reread it to take notes and make a list of the books referenced in it so that I can get them and read them too. I definitely recommend this book.Real Women of The Regencyhttps://cdn.woorise.com/e.js