May 31: Comfort Reads (Share which books or kinds of books you turn to when you need to escape. You can either share specific titles if you love to re-read, or you could share qualities of books you look for in a comfort read.)
I’ve been pondering over this for a few days. I think I’m overthinking it, so I’m going to do this in “quick style” fashion.
- House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. I absolutely loved this series and all the characters in it. I have reread it many times.
- Sweet Valley High Series by Francine Pascal. I haven’t read this entire series, but I have read many multiple times. I’d love to own the entire series one day.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry. I read this book for the first time in the fifth grade and make it a point to try to read it once a year. There’s just something about it.
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. I really feel like I connect very well with this series.
- Paranormals of Avynwood series by Michelle Dare. There’s just something about reading about people who are so close and connected. They are also so loyal and would do anything for each other!
- Anything narrated by Sarah Puckett. I found with this narrator that you can absolutely have a crush on somebody’s voice. Listening to books read by her is just so calming! I can’t explain it any better than that.
- Vampire Academy/Bloodlines by Richelle mead. I haven’t read this book as many times as I have House of Night, but my affection is the same.
- The Innkeeper Chronicles by Illana Andrews. I haven’t reread this book series. Yet. I definitely plan to. It’s just so good! It’s a feel good read.
- Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evnovich. There’s just something about seeing Stephanie Plum stumble through life as a bounty hunter that’s just hilarious!!!! I can’t get enough. Especially the first few books.
- Any Chris Crutcher book. The stories are a bit dark at times. They are still like a soothing balm to me. I need to get this collection again.
Please show me your Top Ten Tuesday in the comments! Either the link or your answers if you don’t actively participate!