I don’t know if anybody else has made this a thing. I also don’t know if anybody else will do this with me. If not, it’s completely fine. It’s something I want to do every week. I’m going to think of at least one thing I’m thankful for for the week. I’ll try to do up to four a week, but at least one. I think this will be very therapeutic. We shall see in time.
Note: There may be some things that get repeated now and then. My intention is to talk about things I’m thankful for that week. So some things may pop up a few times. I’m not attempting to be redundant or repetitive. Just trying to be genuine.
Special Note: Today is Thanksgiving. To me, it’s a day we embrace everything we are thankful for. Normally, I highlight four thankful things I’m thankful for that week. This week, I’m going to post ten things I’m thankful for in general.
- Being alive. Some days I struggle with my worth. I think that I am a waste of space and want to do everybody a favor and disappear. The fact that I’m fighting it every day is amazing to me.
- Family. My family has drastically dwindled down over the years. Some are estranged and some have passed away. I remember a time where I would go to at least four Thanksgiving dinners. I had leftovers sent home from every one. I think I was good on food for a week or two after! In a way, I miss those days. I’m thankful for the family I have left though.
- Choosing Holidays. I have the freedom to get to choose what holidays I want to celebrate and what I don’t. I have the ability to learn about other cultures and understand them better. I have the power to hear everything and determine my viewpoint without others telling me what I should think or celebrate.
- Freedom. I’ve read a lot of books where women didn’t really have a lot of freedom or say in what went on in their lives. They were married off when they had barely staretd puberty. Some were sold off to be servants. That’s something I will never have to worry about.
- Learning. One of my favorite things to do is learn about things. My favorite topics are history and true crime. I guess the easiest way to explain it is I like to know the whys of things that have happened.
- Writing. I’m not an author. I will never claim to be one. I do love writing though. I love getting my thoughts out. I guess that’s why I love blogging so much. I have a great space to get my thoughts out any time I want.
- Furbabies. Recently, I lost one of my three beautiful furbabies. He’s been gone long enough to where I feel like the chances of him coming home are slim to none. I’m so blessed I had him in my life. He was three when he disappeared. I’ve had him since he was nine weeks old. I’ve had my other two babies since they were six weeks and they will be seven next year. They are as close to children as I’m ever going to get.
- Friends. One of the things I didn’t have a lot growing up is friends. I moved a lot and it was really hard to keep up with people back then. It’s amazing how much social media has changed that. I have quite a few friends and acquaintances now. I have people in my life that love to read almost as much as I do. It’s amazing!
- Reading. Reading is one of my biggest passions. If I could get paid enough to read and promote authors to make it a full time income, I’d work every waking moment and be okay. I’d probably even allow myself more freedom with creativity. Make more attention grabbing photos and videos. Maybe even start getting more serious about graphics.
- You. I’m so thankful that out of all the blogs in the world you took the time to come to my page and read mine. I never expected for my blog to go anywhere. I expected maybe five people to read it at best. I am now sitting at 303 followers. Most people may not see that as a lot, but to me it’s so much. Thank you. You mean so much to me!
What are some things you’re thankful for?
Follow me everywhere: https://linktr.ee/StarsBooksAndTea