I found this wonderful blog that has a Weekend Cooking meme. It looks like recipes are shared. I may run this a little differently. Some weeks I may share a recipe that I found that I think might be amazing (crediting where I found it of course). I also may just discuss the things I cooked during the week. I will probably go by my mood every week. I try to cook once a week and have meals on the ready during the week for when I don’t feel like cooking. Key word is try.
This week: Chocolate Pecan Pie
I chose pie this week in honor of Pi Day (3/14). I haven’t actually made one myself. I used to know somebody who made these during the holiday. It’s one of the things I miss the most. I never really considered looking up a recipe to make it myself until recently. It’s definitely one of my favorite pies.
Chocolate-Pecan Pie Recipe:
- Prep25 MIN
- Total2 HR 30 MIN
- 1Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1cup light corn syrup
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 1/2cups pecan halves
- 10pecan halves
- 1/2cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. 2. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- 2In large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping. Stir in remaining chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans. Spread evenly in crust-lined pan.
- 3Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until deep golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In small microwavable bowl, microwave reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on Medium (50%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir. Dip each of 10 pecan halves in chocolate; place on lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Garnish pie with whipped cream and chocolate-dipped pecans. Store in refrigerator.
Follow me everywhere: https://linktr.ee/StarsBooksAndTea