I found this wonderful blog that has a Weekend Cooking meme. It looks like recipes are shared. I may run this a little differently. Some weeks I may share a recipe that I found that I think might be amazing (crediting where I found it of course). I also may just discuss the things I cooked during the week. I will probably go by my mood every week. I try to cook once a week and have meals on the ready during the week for when I don’t feel like cooking. Key word is try.
This week: Steak Fajitas
Don’t have a recipe for what we made. We probably didn’t even make it anywhere near proper. It was delicious though. I’ll share an actual fajita recipe for those interested in making it proper.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
Steak Fajitas Recipe – Steak fajitas make a quick and easy meal perfect for weeknight suppers or weekend celebrations! Made with beef, peppers, onions and served with a stack of warm tortillas and condiments. They are always a favorite!Prep Time10 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time25 minsCourse: Main Course Servings: 6 Calories: 380kcal Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 2 pounds skirt, flank, sirloin, or hanger steak sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green or yellow pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6-8 tortillas warmed
- Place the steak into a sealable bag. Place the peppers and onion into a separate sealable bag. Add the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic to a jar with a screw top or tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Pour 1/3 of the marinade over steak, 1/3 of marinade over vegetables and reserve the remaining marinade in the jar for using when cooking the steak fajitas. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the vegetables into the skillet and cook until just tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and add steak strips to the same skillet. When the steak is cooked throughout (about 7-10 minutes), add vegetables back to the skillet along with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired optional garnishes.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 745IU | Vitamin C: 43.7mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3.8mg