I found this wonderful blog that has a Weekend Cooking meme. It looks like recipes are shared. I may run this a little differently. Some weeks I may share a recipe that I found that I think might be amazing (crediting where I found it of course). I also may just discuss the things I cooked during the week. I will probably go by my mood every week. I try to cook once a week and have meals on the ready during the week for when I don’t feel like cooking. Key word is try.
This week: Homemade Cheese Sauce for pasta
Homemade Cheese SauceIngredients
- 1 part flour (this recipe used 2 tablespoons)
- 1 part butter (this recipe used 2 tablespoons)
- Whole Milk
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1Melt the butter in a pot.
- 2Add flour, and combine to make a roux.
- 3Slowly add milk and stir constantly. Continue to add milk until the sauce sticks to the back of a spoon.
- 4Turn off heat completely.
- 5Add cheese, one small handful at a time, and stir until completely melted.
- 6Keep adding small handfuls of cheese until you reach the desired amount of cheesiness!
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keeping handfuls of cheese small, while adding to the milk sauce, keeps the sauce from cooling down too quickly. It needs to remain warm enough to melt the cheese. No one likes a broken cheese sauce.
oh lardy https://ohlardy.com/
I was too hungry to think about taking pictures of the dish she made last night. My apologies. It was really good. Just a bit starchy though. We’ll have to think of ways to cut the starch.