It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday! Thanks Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl for creating this meme.
This Week’s Topic: Non-Bookish Hobbies
- Coloring: I really enjoy coloring. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I tend to put on an audiobook and just color away. Lately, I’ve been doing digital coloring, but I love actually color as well. I have a weekly segment on my blog that showcases some coloring projects of the week. I haven’t been coloring much lately so I haven’t put any up.
- Gaming: I also enjoy gaming. I used to play constantly. I played a game called Conquer Online. These days, I mainly play apps on my phones and tablet, but I collect games from Epic Games every week. I also listen to audiobooks while playing games.
- Loom Knitting: This is a hobby I haven’t enjoyed in a long time. I don’t have access to my yarn or tools I need. I also lost a lot of confidence in it. I enjoy doing it, but I am a novice at it. I have no idea how to close them off more than anything. If I could figure out how to be more successful, I would do it more often.
- Music: I’m not sure if this counts as a hobby, but I really enjoy listening to music. Especially when I’m feeling really down and depressed. Or when I’m missing a loved one who passed away. Music helps me fall asleep quickly. For the most part anyway.
- Puzzles: I love doing puzzles. I’ve loved doing puzzles all my life. There’s just something calming about looking at all the pieces and trying to figure out how they come together. I found out when I was older that my grandfather enjoyed puzzles as well. I never really knew him, but it’s nice to know we had something in common. Hoping to find time and space to do puzzles again one day.
- Writing: I don’t know if this counts as a non-reading hobby or not. I do enjoy writing though. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I let fear and doubt keep me from doing it for too long. That’s not going to happen any longer.
- Cooking/Baking: This is another hobby that I’m a novice at, but I do enjoy cooking and baking. I enjoy experimenting. I like to find things that I think might work well together. Make a simple meal extraordinary.
- Bowling: This is yet another hobby I have not participated in a long time. But I do love bowling. I’m not great at it, but I have fun doing it. That’s what matters in the end, right?
- Drawing: This is another thing that I’m not great at, but I enjoy very much. I’ve been attempting to get into a 30-Day Drawing Course. I haven’t been able to squeeze it into my schedule. I’m going to give it another chance in December. I figure with as much as I doodle, but would be great to hone in on the skill.
- Photography: There’s just something calming and peaceful of taking photos. Especially ones that just capture the moment. A beautiful sunset. A person looking lovingly at their child or somebody they care about. A pet looking up at their human. It’s just beautiful.
I thought I would have a problem figuring out ten hobbies. I feel like I’m kind of boring and have no life. It’s nice to learn things about myself as well as others. What are some of your hobbies?