Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic: Books That Gave You A Hangover
I read a lot. It’s no Secret. But not every book I read sticks with me. When they do, I will most likely re-read them many times.
My picks include series. I count having a book hangover with a series as one because if I counted them individually all ten would go to the same series.
- Twisted World: Amazing trilogy! I found out later that the author has multiple series in this book and that wasn’t the first. I intend to read or listen to them all. This particular one takes place in Georgia. It’s awesome!
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children: It’s an amazing series! I haven’t read the 4th and 5th book yet. I will. I own the first 4 in physical books and all 5 on audio. The movie was pretty incredible too!
- The Queen’s Poisoner: I can’t even begin to explain how intense and incredible this series is! It’s amazing!
- Stalking Jack The Ripper: I absolutely adore Audrey Rose. I’m sad there’s only four books in this series. I could have kept reading books in this series and not get tired! I felt like I became part of the story!
- The Golden Compass: This trilogy is deep. I read it for the first time in high school and it stuck with me. I fell in love with it! I wound up re-reading it recently.
- The Help: The first book starts out really cringy, but it gets really good about 1/4 of the way through. The rest of the trilogy is jam packed and emotionally involving. I loved it! Way more than I thought I would!
- Wake’s Dream: I think Solomon is the main reason I loved this series as much as I did. I mean all the characters are amazing and witty. They were vivid that it was hard to imagine that they were just characters in a novel.
- Shattered Dreams: This trilogy is so emotionally involving. I just can’t even begin to explain it. I got my fiance’s now ex sister-in-law into it. She devoured the entire trilogy in a very short time. So did I. It’s more impressive for her because she has children. (First book is free on all platforms I believe.)
- Dream Student: This series!!!! The girl’s dreams are vivid and clear. She can predict things before they happen. She uses it to help solve some very intense mysteries!
- House Of Night: Out of all the books and series, this one has stuck with me the most. I fell in love with all the characters. I’ve read most of the books in the series at least 2-3 times. And I can promise that I will read them all at least once more before its said and done.
Thank you for Reading!
Try Audible free for two months using this promo code: NN46-DG8DUG-S797A8