I was tagged in this by A Little Haze Book Blog. Thank you. It’s a true honor to be included in these things. I welcome all book tags and awards. If I miss any, please feel free to let me know!
If you read this and enjoy it, feel free to include yourself tagged. Please tag me in your blog or put your link in the comments.
The reason and story behind this blog is a mystery! There are some basic rules though!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (@OkotoEnigmasBlog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about myself:
- I’m a very avid reader. Since I started actively reviewing and interacting with authors and other readers more frequently, my reading has doubled. Actually, I think it’s tripled! I used to average reading 50-60 books a year. This past year I read a little over 200!
- I’ve suspected that I was born left handed. I write with my right hand, but I do everything else with my left hand. For the past few months, I’ve passively practiced writing and drawing with my left hand.
- I love coloring. I’ve loved coloring before adult coloring became a thing. I used to get children’s coloring books from dollar stores. I’m glad there’s options for adult coloring books. Though they can be overwhelming sometimes. I also am addicted to word searches. I used to get those at the dollar store as well. I love getting both coloring books and word search books as gifts. I also love getting art supplies.
Do you think there is a place for one star reviews in the blogging community?
While I have never made a one-star review, I do understand that there are people who use them for books they didn’t really enjoy that much. Personally, if I proclaim any book one or two stars, it’s a book I don’t finish. I absolutely refuse to review a book I did not finish. If I’m asked to review the book, I will privately reach out to the author or person who requested it and explain why I won’t be reviewing. I do like reading the one-star reviews. The constructive ones anyways.
How do you feel about audiobooks?
Audiobooks have changed my life completely. It has literally maximized my reading so much! I can read even when I’m not able to actually read. I listen when working out and cleaning. I listen when playing games and scrolling the internet. Anything where I can listen to the book while doing the activity (even blogging), I am listening! I even color and do word searches while listening. It’s amazing!
Have you ever emotionally identified with a character or plot in a book that you felt the author was writing the words that are etched on your soul?
Zoey Redbird at the very beginning of the House Of Night series. I know how it feels to have family want nothing to do with you for who you are and for standing up for what you believe in. There are things she does later in the series that I don’t fully connect with, but at the beginning of the series, I felt like I was almost reading about myself.
What was the last book (or film) that made you cry?
The book that comes to mind is called My Life As A Country Album. It’s a really amazingly beautiful book. It’s tragic though. I fully recommend it for those who haven’t read it. If memory serves, I believe it’s on KU. Even if it’s not, it’s more than worth the price. I want to reread it now just thinking about it!
What ice cream flavour do you think best represents your personality? E.g. are you vanilla with sprinkles? Maybe you’re a decadent salted caramel? Or maybe you’re a scoop of rocky road?
I’m not really sure. I really feel like it would have rainbows in it somewhere. Probably vanilla with rainbow sprinkles. I’ve never thought of this kind of question. It’s brilliant really!
Just a reminder, I’m tagging anybody who reads this who wants to join!
- What are your thoughts on Audiobooks?
- What was the best book to movie adaptation? The worst? Have you ever watched an adaptation that was actually better than the book?
- What’s your book rating system?
- I’ve been considering doing video book reviews. Do you do any book related videos? Or watch them? What are your thoughts?
- What is a book that you read that has stuck with you forever?
Thank you for Reading!