I was nominated for this by Dear Kitty. Some Blog. I am truly honored! Go check her page out if you haven’t already!
The rules of this award are:
1. Post an image of the award.
2. Thank your nominator.
3. Give the story or history of your blog.
4. Give two or more pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Nominate 10 other bloggers and link to their blogs.
6. Comment on their blogs so they know of their nomination.
My blog is a bit of a complicated story. I’ll keep it as short and sweet as possible. I have been reading all my life. I didn’t really know many other readers. Actually, I was shamed a lot for wanting to read so much. It was a lonely life. I’ll say that.
September 2013, I discovered that I could write opinions on the books I read online! I can’t tell you how much that’s changed my life. I’ve met many amazing authors and fellow book lovers. Lately, I’ve been meeting some pretty amazing narrators as well. I am so blessed. I’ve even attended a book con (Literary Love of Savannah) the past few years.
In August of 2019, I made my blog here. I changed the name to Willow Writes And Reads. It’s stuck. I have felt more home since I made this blog than I have before. With the blog. I’ve felt at home since I joined the book community. This blog has grown so much and I can’t wait to see it grow farther. Thank you everybody who has read and followed my blog. You’re amazing.
- Follow your passions and run with it. Don’t ever make blogs that you don’t have much interest in. It will show in the blog. Don’t feel you have to follow a theme or schedule. I don’t mean don’t schedule blogs. There are people who find scheduling posts helpful. I use scheduling for the tours I do and most that I’ve planned out. Most of my blogs are spur of the moment so those aren’t scheduled. Go with your heart. Follow your passion. The rest will follow.
- Interact with your readers and read blogs similar to yours. It’s an amazing way to make new friends and connect with people. I have met quite a few people since starting this blog. If I could meet them in real life, I’d totally hug them. It also helps to know you’re not alone. You can help people out and seek advice from others as well!
If you’re reading this blog and you are a blogger, I’m tagging you. There’s so many great blogs that I really can’t choose just five! Please tag me or leave the link in the comments! I’d love to read your blogs! If I’m not already following you, I’ll follow you!
Thank you for Reading!